Using a Bus or Train
- Always wait for a bus in a well lit place, in view of any security cameras and near other people if possible
- Try to sit near the driver or the guard
- Have your pass, ticket or correct change in your hand so that your wallet/purse is out of sight
- If you feel threatened, try and get out of the situation. Either move seat, carriage or get off at the next stop
- Make as much noise as possible to attract the driver or guard’s attention
- In an emergency, locate and sound the alarm or use the telephone at the help points situated on the train platforms which will connect you immediately to the British Transport Police or station staff
For practical information and advice on keeping yourself safe visit the websites found above in the websites tab.