Mobile Phone Safety
Mobile phones are brilliant! Not only can you keep in touch with all your friends but some you can use to watch and record videos, listen to music, take pictures and play games. To make sure you keep yourself and your phone safe, follow these top tips below:
- Always keep your mobile phone with you and never show it off in a public place
- Only give your number to people you trust, never to strangers. If someone is pressuring you into giving away your mobile phone number, tell an adult you trust
- Lock your phone with a PIN code
- Keep Bluetooth switched off when you are not using it.
- If you get a nasty message, keep it and show an adult you trust.
- Never reply to a nasty message
- Read the small print when buying new ringtones. Sometimes they will send you a new one every week, charging you every time they do!
If you keep getting nasty phone calls or messages, tell the Police. They can trace the identity of the person on the other end of the phone. Some phones will also allow you to block phone numbers so make sure you read the manual.
For advice and guidance on how to stay safe using mobile phones, visit either www.thinkuknow.co.uk or go to your mobile network website - they have lots of advice on mobile phone security and how to use your phone safely.