Finding an Apprenticeship, Job or Other Opportunity
Finding an Apprenticeship or job can some times seem like a full-time job!
You’ll find vacancies advertised in lots of places.
- Check out the vacancies on the front page of this website
- Check out Apprenticeship vacancies at www.apprenticeships.org.uk
- Contact local work-based learning providers about Apprenticeships and Foundation Learning.
- Call into your local Jobcentre Plus, phone them on 0845 6060
- Visit company websites – many organisations use their website to advertise their vacancies.
- Scan the job pages in local newspapers. Local and national papers often have job vacancies online.
- Look in shop windows and at notice boards outside places of work.
- Look out for local ‘job fairs’ – these are a good way of meeting employers who have vacancies they want to fill.
- Try employment or recruitment agencies – look in the yellow pages or visit www.yell.co.uk for phone numbers of agencies in your area.
- Use your personal networks - ask family, friends, neighbours to tell you about any vacancies they hear about.
If you are prepared to travel and be flexible about the hours you work you’re likely to have more options open to you.