Applying for Vacancies Online
Applying online is becoming a popular way of making applications. Many company websites will have application forms on them that can either be downloaded or completed online.
Think carefully about the email address you use. You don’t want to use one that gives employers the wrong impression.
Tips and hints for applying online
- Make sure you follow all instructions.
- Gather all of your information together before you start to fill in the form – online applications often get timed out.
- Use any drop down menus that give you a choice of replies to certain questions.
- Use the same style and size of font throughout the form.
- Don’t go over the edges of the boxes.
- Save a completed copy.
- Don’t use smileys or text speak.
- Never complete the form totally in capitals – it makes it look like you’re shouting.
- Don’t click on the submit button until you’ve checked through the completed form.
Employers who accept online application forms and CVs will probably email you about interviews. Make sure you regularly check your inbox.
You can search and apply for Apprenticeship vacancies using the online Apprenticeship Vacancy Matching System (AVMS) at www.apprenticeships.org.uk. The site is very easy to use. You will need to register your details to use the AVMS section of it.