Free time can mean different things to different people. If you’re busy during the day at school, college or work your free time may be as little as a couple of hours in the evening and a bit of time at the week-end. Or it could be that your free time makes up most of your week.
Using some of your free time wisely could bring you lots of benefits. It can help you to:
- Increase your confidence and ability to get on with new people
- Meet a whole range of new people who share your interests and hopefully make some new mates
- Try new activities and find new interests
- Learn new skills and develop the ones you already have
- Feel as though you’re doing something positive and worthwhile
You might want to get involved in something that ties in with what you do during the day at school, college or work. For example, if you’re taking a performing arts course you might decide to get involved with a local drama group at the week-end. Or you might decide that you want to increase your range of interests by doing something completely different from what you do during the day. How about learning how to Salsa or conserving your environment with the Wildlife Trust?
There’s absolutely no excuse for being bored as there are loads of things to do in Lincolnshire. Some activities are free and although others may cost but they are often available to young people at reduced rates.
Here are some of the sorts of things you could get involved in:
- Youth Activity Groups
- Sports and Outdoor Activities
- Arty and Creative Activities