We must all take simple, practical steps to ensure the safety of every road user. It is vital to adhere to the following:
- Always drive within the speed limit
This is the maximum allowable speed on the road under ideal conditions. This is not always a safe speed.
- Always drive to the road conditions
Single carriage way rural roads present many dangers. 60mph is often not safe.
- Always take care at junctions
Be patient and wait for an appropriate gap in traffic. Don’t take risks.
- Always keep your distance from other vehicles
Only a fool breaks the two second rule.
- Always wear your seatbelt
Ensure that you and all your passengers wear seatbelts. Ensure that babies and young children are correctly fastened in a properly fitted car seat.
- Be considerate to other road users
Driving should be a pleasure, let us all make it so.
- Never drive when you are tired
- Never overtake on solid white lines
- Never drink and drive
- Never use a hand held mobile phone whilst driving
- Be patient when overtaking