Aggregate and Concrete Testing
We offer a comprehensive range of aggregate tests which can be undertaken on materials, prior to scheme commencement, to determine their suitability for particular applications and as a measurement of quality consistency. In addition we also perform seasonal testing on aggregates used at certain times of year for specific purposes such as salt used for highway winter maintenance and chippings used for surface dressing.
Aggregate tests that Lincs Laboratory performs include:
- Particle Size & Moisture Content
- Particle Density & Water Absorption
- Flakiness Index & Uniformity Coefficient
- Frost Heave
- Aggregate Abrasion Value
- Resistance to Fragmentation - Los Angeles Method
- Insoluble Matter, Chloride Content & Soluble Sulphate Compounds in Salt for Winter Maintenance
The laboratory also undertakes routine compliance testing of hardened concrete and concrete products for structural and highway use. Testing on fresh concrete can also be performed by our Site Testing Services team.
Concrete tests that Lincs Laboratory performs include:
- Compressive Strength & Density of Hardened Concrete Cubes (see Downloads)
Advice on all aspects of material classification, suitability, quality and source approval and material failure & investigation can be obtained from our Materials Engineering Consultancy team.
Delivery of Samples to Lincs Laboratory
Samples can be delivered directly to the laboratory between 8:00am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday. See map tab for directions