Health and Safety
Lincs Laboratory holds accreditation to BS OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety Management Systems. Certification by BSi.
BS OHSAS 18001 is the internationally recognized specification for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems.
LINCS LABORATORY HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
Lincs Laboratory is committed to achieving and maintaining high standards of health and safety.
Our statement of general policy is:
- To establish, implement, maintain and improve an OH&S System which complies with BS OHSAS 18001;
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks for all persons working under the control of The laboratory or affected by its operation,
- To consult with our staff on matters affecting their health and safety and communicate with all persons working under the control of The Laboratory’s Health & Safety Management System.
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment;
- To ensure safe handling and use of substances;
- To provide information, instruction and supervision for staff;
- To ensure all staff are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training;
- To reduce incidents and prevent cases of injury and work-related ill health;
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions;
- To set and achieve Health & Safety objectives,
- To review and revise this policy and The Management System as necessary at regular intervals;
- To comply with current OH&S legislation, regulation and other requirements to which the Laboratory subscribes;
- To strive for continuous improvement in our health and safety management and performance
A copy of our Health and Safety Policy and Manual is available upon request. For further information please contact the Laboratory or our independent safety adviser:
Mr Rob Taylor,
Mouchel Safety Team, Mill House,
Brayford Wharf North, Lincoln,
Tel: 01522 836715.
For further information of BS OHSAS 18001 accreditation view the following link. www.bsigroup.com.