Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue regularly monitors its progress on all its community safety activity where the Service is contacted & responds. The Incident Split pie chart (available in the downloads section) shows the different types of emergency calls we attended during 2012/13 and the percentage that represents of our total number of calls.
The Performance posters show our performance compared with our targets for each of our operational priority areas. The posters are produced every three months and show the cumulative number of incidents from 1st April of the financial year.
The following areas have been highlighted as the main achievements for the Service. This was analysed by comparing trends, relative performance compared with all fire authorities (where national data is available), and with particular reference to our regional performance.
Main achievements in 2012/13:
- Reduction in the number of people injured in fires (those requiring more treatment than could be given at the fire ground) from 25 in 2011/12 to 21 in 2012/13
- Reduction in the number of fatalities resulting from fires (down from 9 in 2011/12 to 5 in 2012/13)
- 19% reduction in accidental dwelling fires
- 44% reduction in incidents of arson
- 18% reduction in primary fires (e.g. buildings, vehicles, caravans, recycling banks, etc)
- 12% reduction in the number of false alarm calls caused by detection equipment in commercial premises