Lincolnshire Arson Task Force
The Arson Task Force is a Partnership between Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue and Lincolnshire Police that uses education, detection and prevention to:
- Establish a County wide co-ordinated approach to the problem of arson.
- Work with other agencies to reduce arson.
- Ensure a targeted response in key areas e.g. vehicle fires, anti-social behaviour leading to fire setting and arson in rural areas.
- Generate a public awareness and understanding of the problem of arson.
- Provide intervention and training.
- Record, analyse and share data among partners to assist in arson reduction strategies.
Arson is a problem that costs the country in excess of £50m a week. The Arson Task Force is trying to raise public awareness and put into place initiatives to reduce deliberate fires. The public seem unaware of the true level and cost to the community in both rural and urban areas. An Arson attack not only costs money but can also present a high risk of injury or death to those involved either as perpetrator, victim or member of the emergency services who respond to what is a preventable fire. All of the Emergency Services attend and respond to this type of incident and we are working together to reduce the problem.
If you would like advice about arson prevention or want to know more about the works of this partnership please follow the link below.
To see how we are doing please see the Performance Information section by following the link below.