Step Two: Arranging a TAC Meeting
Before the meeting
This step has to be completed within 15 days of the single assessment being reviewed and sent to the TAC Coordinator in your area.
As the referring professional (TAC Initiator) please arrange the initial TAC meeting with child and his/her family and all relevant agencies.
Your tasks as TAC initiator are:
- to liaises with parent/young person
- To identify which additional agencies/professionals are relevant to the case and request their involvement
- To send copies of the single assessment to all relevant professionals
- To book venue/ date
- To inform TAC coordinator of the meeting’s date
NB: As initiator you will take the role as lead professional, unless decided differently at TAC meeting.
What needs to be achieved at the meeting?
- A Lead Professional needs to be appointed.
- Childs plan (Action plan) agreed and signed (All documents can be found on the download tab)
- Date of next TAC meeting set at the end of meeting. Review should be set to take place within 8 weeks.
- If minutes have been completed during the meeting and there is a photocopier available, it is suggested that minutes are photocopied and distributed to people before they leave. (Templates for Minutes and Agenda can be found at bottom of page)
What’s your role in the meeting?
As TAC Initiator you will be the chair of the meeting and take minutes. Parent/children/young person’s view will be gained on the minutes and parent/young person and Lead Professional signs.
NB: Each agency involved is responsible for the delivery of their part of the Child’s Plan.
After the meeting
- Lead Professional sends minutes to all professionals. It is not a requirement to send a copy of minutes/plans to Children Services
- Lead Professional rings/emails the TAC Coordinator in the locality and informs them that meeting has taken place and the date of next review.